Every month, we deliver a new series of events for the entire diversity of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT), non-binary, queer, intersex and asexual communities. Through the delivery of these events, we aim to increase social capital providing social opportunities, alternatives to the traditional LGBT scene, peer support, information and advocacy.
Our programme of social events support the range of services that we provide:
- LGBT Headspace: safe and creative activities to promote positive mental health and wellbeing including monthly groups, Women’s Wellbeing Events and LGBT Space at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital
- Transgender Programme: social activities, workshops and courses for transgender, non-binary and intersex communities including T time, a monthly meetup open to friends, families and allies
- Rainbow Families Project: events, information and support for LGBTQI families
- LGBT Age: social activities for people aged 50 and over
- Mental Wellbeing Project: events, workshops and regular groups promoting mental wellbeing and techniques for self-management
- Community Groups: weekly and monthly community groups self-managed and facilitated by community members
All our events are delivered under a Safe Space Commitment actively upheld by our staff, volunteers and community groups leaders. A Safe Space is somewhere everyone feels welcome, respected and comfortable with being who they are. This includes people who access our services, volunteers, community groups leaders and staff.