LGBT Health and Wellbeing (LGBT Healthy Living Centre) was set up in 2003 to promote the health, wellbeing and equality of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people in Scotland. It provides support, services and information to improve health and wellbeing, reduce social isolation and stimulate community development and volunteering.
The organisation’s key objectives are:
- To provide a programme of activities which tackle the life circumstances that contribute to ill-health of LGBT people
- To reduce levels of isolation and social exclusion experienced by LGBT people
- To strengthen the capacity of the LGBT community to promote the health of individuals
- To support individuals to adopt and sustain healthy lifestyles
- To ensure that LGBT people have equity of access to mainstream health services and information which are responsive to their needs.
We provide a range of services and varied programme of events, most delivered in central locations in Edinburgh and Glasgow. The best way to keep up to date with our activities is to subscribe to one or more of our regular e-bulletins.
You can find out more about the work of the organisation in our annual report. Our most recent Annual Report (2017-2018) can be downloaded in PDF format (this may take a few minutes to download). You can also download a summary of our 2017 Service Evaluation and a copy of our Strategic Plan.
For more information about specific areas of work, such as our mental health or transgender work, please visit our Impact Reports section on the Online Resources page.